Today's challenge is about ability and achieving tasks. Though it is only day 3 of the challenge, I am already seeing how much the negative voice in my head dominates. It has been interesting having to transform these thoughts to positive ones, although a bit of a challenge to get them to stick. Let's forge ahead to today's task.
"Identify a goal/dream that you're blocking yourself in currently."
- Fitness and nutrition
- I can't get fit because I've tried many times to start exercising and have kept giving up on it after a few days.
- I can't eat healthy because the options are confusing/overwhelming, and my house is usually full of unhealthy options, which causes me to keep slipping back into old habits.
- No matter how many times I fail, I have the choice to start again, and be better this time.
- I will educate myself on the choices available and choose the best option for myself. I will select healthier choices for myself and discourage others in my family from buying unhealthy food options. I will work on my self discipline to be able to make good choices even if there are unhealthy options at home.
- Research the best exercises for my fitness goals and write them down/put them in a place I can see them.
- Seek out others on the fitness journey for motivation and inspiration.
- Look up and gather healthy recipes and dedicate a day to try new recipes.
- Start a fitness and nutrition journal to write down my goals and track my progress.
Fitness, and more recently, nutrition have been things I have wanted to get serious about for so many years. Many times I've tried and failed, however, I perhaps did not have the right mindset and/or tools. I look forward to starting this journey and keeping it alive for as long as I am.
"I can achieve anything I want, as long as I set my heart to it."