Thursday 17 July 2014

15 Day Affirmation Challenge: Day 9 [Relationships]

I am taking part in PE's 15 Day Affirmation Challenge. For more information, click here.

Today's challenge is about relationships. Not necessarily the romantic kind, but in the broadest sense of the word. Our connection to others, whether it be family, friends, co-workers, etc.

"Identify your ideal relationship."
  • Someone I can form a deep connection with, beyond superficial layers.
  • Someone I can be myself around and feel comfortable with, and who accepts me as I am - flaws and all.
  • Someone I can have deep, fulfilling conversations with but with whom I can also have fun (basically someone I can laugh and cry with).
  • Someone I can go to in my down moments, and who will do the same with me when they need a friend.
  • Someone who listens
  • Someone who make me a priority in their life.
"Identify places where you can find such people."
  • This is tricky for me. My first thought to this question would literally be "I have no idea." My second thought is whether people like this actually exist, or at least if they do in my geographical area. Websites like meetup.com don't have much of a following in my country, and it's difficult to find groups of like minded people such as clubs or organizations, etc. I'd have to do some research to find out what is really out there. Unfortunately as well, right now I have limited mobility (and live in a country with minimal public transport) so even if I could find a group, it would be difficult for me to get out there and meet people.
  • I am hoping that when I find a job, this will (at least a little) open up the opportunity to meet people and I can hopefully branch out from there.

Today's task is a little challenging given my geographical location as well as other factors that make it difficult for me to get out there and meet people. But I hope in the future things will change to allow this to be easier for me.

"I'm in conscious relationships that elevate and support me."

No comments:

Post a Comment